About Dr. Jill Kazuk
Naturopathic Doctor BC & Manitoba
My life didn’t always revolve around naturopathic medicine.
It revolved around sports, artsy things, books, and ice cream. My life was… normal.
Being outside, moving my body, laughing, playing, and having a sense of belonging – these were and are parts of life that are meaningful to me. It’s no wonder when I started playing soccer at 5 years old, I very quickly grew to love the game. The joy and community I found in soccer not only tethered me, but eventually propelled me to play quite competitively all the way into university.
I didn’t know at the time how quickly things could change.
I became a Naturopathic Doctor with a lifelong commitment
to empower people with health & healing
After 7 years of working with hundreds of patients in Winnipeg, Manitoba I have now expanded my practice to British Columbia. To this day, I still play soccer, run on a regular basis, and avoid my food intolerances (yes, I have them too).
Things about me
you may not know:
- I love books and have a master’s degree in English literature
- I love all things winter and snow
- I have a reputation for my love of sad songs
- I love colour, especially in the form of flowers
- Gardening barefoot is a necessity
- I have a bottomless appetite for raspberries
- If I wasn’t a naturopathic doctor, I’d own a bakery
- I once traded in my respectable wage in a 4-star kitchen for a landscaping job that paid very little just so I could spend my summer outside
- I hitchhiked for 3 months through New Zealand
- I grew up on a farm, my parents grew up on farms, their parents grew up on farms…
Education and training:
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), English Literature, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB
- Master of Arts, English Literature, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC
- Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine, National University of Natural Medicine, Portland, OR
- Manitoba Naturopathic Association, active member
- College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia, active member
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors, active member
- Manitoba Alliance of Naturopathic Doctors, active member
- Naturopathic Medicine Institute, active member
- Compassionate Inquiry, certified practitioner
Subscribe to Dr. Jill’s newsletter and get simple, up to date, health and nutrition tips to help you take back your health.
The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician.
Therefore, the physician must come from nature, with an open mind.